Sunday, January 3, 2010

Aaaah, Magnolia

Look at what I got myself for my birthday.



I'm so happy.  Magnolia.  Or as, Lilly, my sister-in-law says, "Mongolia."  (She gets the two mixed up sometimes.  Even though one is a country and the other a flower. It's endearing, dearest Lilly.)  I have been in love with the Magnolia Bakery in New York since I picked up a copy of the Reader's Digest four years ago and they were rated as one of America's top bakeries.  Since then I have scoured the internet trying to find out top secret information about the bakery.  How do they do their swirl?  Are any of their recipes on the internet?  Then, a mere half week ago I found this beautiful cookbook.  It's what dreams are made out of.  It has everything from ice cream to sweetbreads to cheese pies.  Oh yes, cheese pies.  I had to have it.  Don't worry, I'll share.  Although, the cookbook still doesn't show how to do that dang swirl.

[erin's star signature]

2 comments:

  1. anything with cheese in it is good with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin, I found your blog through Lacey. I love your photography and what you've started here. Can't wait for you to share more!

    ReplyDelete